All submissions to Interface should be made using the online submission form. Submissions to Interface must comply with ALL items on the following checklist. Non-compliant submissions will be returned to authors for revision before any further consideration.
- The submission has not been previously published and is not currently under consideration for publication by another journal.
- The submission is within the scope of our current call for papers.
- The submission has been properly prepared for blind review, with no individually identifiable information/references to the authors included in the manuscript. Acknowledgments (including financial support) should not be included in the manuscript; they may be listed separately during the submission process. Please refer to the corresponding author responsibilities for complete instructions on making your submission.
- Written consent has been obtained from all individuals or institutions named in the acknowledgments section.
- All manuscripts adhere to the conventions of the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Citations are properly footnoted. Please see our citation guidelines.
- Manuscript files are in Microsoft Word file format (.doc or .docx).
- The text is double-spaced and in 12-point Palatino.
- Manuscripts are expected to be mostly free of grammatical and typographical errors.
- Illustrations, figures, and tables are not included in the manuscript itself, but are available as separate files to be uploaded as supplementary content during the submission process. See guidelines for formatting these files.
- Spelling and grammar checks have been performed.
- A cover letter has been prepared that addresses the appropriateness of the submission for publication in this publication, lists all co-authors (as applicable), and includes all acknowledgements. The cover letter should be a separate Word document (.doc or .docx), and will be uploaded separately from the manuscript to preserve the blind review process.
Format and Length
Microsoft Word is the preferred format for submission of text documents. Paper copies are not accepted. An informative abstract of 250 words or less is required [for all submissions except reviews].
Interface welcomes articles of a quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methodological nature, as well as theoretical and practice based articles. We are open to new methodological tactics. All articles will undergo peer review.
All research articles must include an abstract of no more than 250 words. Submissions should be no more than 8,000 words.
Note: Please keep in mind that these are general guidelines and themed nature of Interface makes checking our call for papers page essential, as the guidelines posted there are more specific and clearly articulate the guidelines for our current issue.
All manuscripts must be submitted in standard format (adequate margins, single column, font size no smaller than size 12). All copy, including references and captions, must be typed double-spaced. The first page of the manuscript [text] must bear the title of the paper. Author names or other individually identifiable information should not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
We utilize The Chicago Manual of Style’s notes and bibliography system, which can be found here. We prefer numerical footnotes to endnotes.
Before submitting an article, authors should familiarize themselves with the journal style and generally adhere to The Chicago Manual of Style. Non-adherence to the journal style, including the points described below and in our citation style, may lead to delays in review and publication.
Note: When a digital source (journal article or book) has a Digital Object Identifier (DOI), the DOI must be included as part of the complete citation in the bibliography.
Figures, Illustrations and Media
Figures should be submitted in a form suitable for reproduction online and in print. Images, figures and other pictorial content should be submitted separately. Color images and figures should be at least 300 dpi; black-and-white line images should be 1200 dpi.
Figures and Tables
All figures (charts/graphs) should be submitted as Microsoft Excel (.xls or .xlsx) files. Multiple charts/graphs may be submitted as separate Excel files, or may be submitted as separate worksheets in one Excel workbook file. All tables should be submitted as a separate Word (.doc or .docx) file (multiple tables may be included in the same Word file).
Figures and tables should be clearly labeled, with appropriate captions listed directly under each figure or table. There should be clear markers within the manuscript to identify the placement of each figure/table.
Images (either for inclusion in the manuscript or supplementary files) should be submitted as separate, high quality, uncompressed image files (no lower than 300 dpi) in either .EPS, .GIF, .TIFF, .PNG, or .JPG format . Image file names should be as precise as possible, and a corresponding marker should be placed within the manuscript to identify placement of each image. Image captions, as appropriate, should be included in square brackets in the manuscript immediately following the marker.
The accuracy and completeness of the references are the responsibility of the author. Failure to submit accurate and properly formatted references may delay review and publication. References to unpublished material may be included. If such material may be of help in the evaluation of the paper, copies should be made available to the editor.
All correspondence should be addressed to the editors.