Thesis

Implications of Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligence upon the components of a nongraded primary

17 December 1993

The contents of this paper provide information on nongraded education. To understand the nongraded approach and its resurgence in the educational system l an examination of the history of both graded and non graded classrooms must occur. Once this historical foundation is laid the research base for nongraded primary education is explored.

A number of components make up an nongraded classroom. These components are: class composition l teaching method I classroom organizational flexible grouping strategies I integrated curriculum and assessment and evaluation. I observed a first and second and a second and third blended classroom for seven months. During my observation I noticed a connection between the nongraded components and the seven intelligences of Gardner1s Theory of Multiple Intelligences. The teachers that implemented the nongraded components in their classroom provided students the opportunity to strengthen their intelligence(s).

Files

Files are restricted to Pacific University. Sign in to view.